The Dr. Dana Keith Scholarship
Award to the Student
The Dr. Dana Keith Scholarship is going to award one high school student and one college student from Maryland a $250 prize each semester. This prize will help the student defray the cost of tuition fees and purchasing books. Interested students need to write and submit a persuasive, 800-word essay, on why college education is important despite the immense resources that can be found on the Internet.
To submit your entry, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 575-636-9027 and look for Glenda.
To qualify, applicants should:
- Be a high school senior in Maryland who will be pursuing post-secondary education in a university or community college, or;
- Be a college student in Maryland taking at least 12 credit hours per semester and continuously progressing toward a four-year degree;
- Be a resident of Maryland;
- Have leadership qualities, and be dedicated to pursuing post-secondary education.
Details of the Scholarship:
- Two scholarship prizes of $250 will be awarded in the fall semester and another two in the spring semester.
- A selected committee composed of members of the Dana D. Keith, DDS P.C. & Associates executive team will review the essays. Judges will look for quality and originality of writing.
- Deadline for submission: March 30, 2016
- Winners will be notified via email and their names posted in our Facebook page on April 30.
- Those who join the essay writing competition must agree that their work is to be used in marketing materials, including our websites and social media outlets.