Visit a Dentist Prior to Your Honeymoon
You’ve booked your flight to the most romantic destination, packed the best outfits that you have and prepared your itinerary, but have you visited your dentist prior to your honeymoon?
Even though your husband or wife had just promised to love you through thick and thin and would undoubtedly love you even though you’re at your worst, it would be much appreciated if you will look your best for him or her. This is especially true during your honeymoon as you’re sure to have a lot of intimate moments with your other half. So before you fly to your honeymoon, visit your dentist to ensure that your mouth is perfectly in good shape.
If you want to improve the appearance of your teeth and mouth as well as the way you smile, you can ask your dentist to perform cosmetic dentistry. Some of the treatments that you can avail are the following:
- Teeth whitening or bleaching – for whitening stained and discolored teeth.
- Composite bonding – used for restoring chipped, broken, cracked or stained teeth, for filling small cavities and for protecting the exposed roots of the teeth.
- Veneers – a thin material made of porcelain or composite resin that is bonded to the surface of the tooth to improve the appearance of uneven, chipped, discolored or crooked teeth.
- Crowns – caps that are used to cover the tooth and restore its normal appearance; used to restore a broken or chipped tooth, hold a dental bridge in place, protect weak teeth and cover a dental implant.
- Dental bridges and dental implants – if you want to replace missing teeth and improve your smile.
Fixing Oral Health Problems
If you’re suffering from oral health problems, visiting ICC Smiles prior to your honeymoon is a must because you wouldn’t want to pass whatever oral health problems that you have to your partner. If you have mouth sores, gingivitis, periodontal (gum) disease, mouth infection, cavities, abscesses and other oral health problems, you must visit your dentist as soon as possible. You’ll surely have a lot of kissing to do during your honeymoon so you need to keep your teeth, gums and mouth healthy not only for your sake but also for the benefit of your husband or wife.
Getting rid of bad breath
Having a bad breath can really break a romantic and intimate moment. So before your honeymoon, ensure that any breath issues that you have has already been taken care of by Dr. Keith. There can be many causes for bad breath like dry mouth, breathing problems, yeast infection and other medical conditions like diabetes and acid reflux. The treatment for bad breath varies depending on its root cause so going to your dentist for the proper diagnosis and treatment is necessary.
While you’re on your honeymoon
Despite how much you pray for your honeymoon to go smoothly, sometimes things can happen that may be beyond your control, like having to deal with a dental problem while you’re away. So before you fly to your romantic getaway, make sure that you’ve already discussed with your dentist the possible dental issues that may arise during your honeymoon and ask him for advice on how you can address them. Of course, it also pays if you’ll pack a dental first aid kit with you for immediate dental relief.
If you want to avail of dental services before going on a honeymoon you can always visit Dr. Dana D. Keith, DDS and his team of dental care professionals from ICC Smiles. Call Dr. Keith today at (301) 302-0920 or (301) 652-1100 to book your appointment!